Welcome to the Nokesville Horse Society.
The Nokesville Horse Society is a service organization committed to
the education and promotion of equestrian activities for the
enjoyment and recreation of all residents of Northern Virginia.
For additional information regarding the Nokesville Horse Society,
To Qualify for Western Year End Awards - attend 4 shows
To Qualify for English Year End Awards - attend 3 shows
For both you must volunteer 8 hours - see your show manager for more information.
Notice to all NHS Members
Per the NHS Bylaws of the NHS Horse Society, an Annual Meeting must be held each year to elect Officers and Directors of the corporation. The number of directors shall consist of not less than three (3) nor more than twenty (20) persons who are members of the corporation. Each officer shall hold office until the next annual meeting of the membership or until a successor shall have elected and qualified. To sustain our Articles of Incorporation and 501c3 status, the Board of Directors must consist of a minimum of President, Vice President and Secretary or Treasurer. The persons who hold the following positions shall be members of the Board of Directors.
• Vice President
• Programs/Events Coordinator
• Public Relations Coordinator
As with previous years, the new Board of Director will be elected during the Annual Holiday party at Southern States (Manassas) on December 10th.
Message from the President:
Back in December 2015, I wrote to you regarding the future of NHS. Specifically, I addressed the steady decline of membership and volunteerism, lack of overall community interest and where this would put us in the future if the course remained the same. As the 2016 season comes to a close, it is with sadness that I report that many of our events were ill attended and the volunteer base just wasn’t on hand. The Board of Directors filled the gaps and despite our best efforts to provide you with a variety of events, the year ended with a deficit on our bank account (for the events).
As of the October 5th Board Meeting, we had $18,218.41 in our account, which was slightly down from $18,888.48 for the same time period in 2015.
Our first hope is that you love this organization as much as we do and will step up to fill the upcoming vacant Board positions. If this doesn’t happen, the following options will be evaluated:
• Dissolution of the organization per Article Six of the Restated and Amended Articles of Incorporation dated May 14th, 2008. All properties, assets and income of the corporation remaining after payment, or provision for payment, of all debts and all liabilities of this corporation, shall be distributed to a non-profit fund, corporation or foundation related to the purposes of this corporation…”
• Per Article V, Section 2 of the Bylaws, a minimum of three (3) Board of Directors members can sustain the organization with the intent to use the monies in the NHS account for worthwhile equestrian support projects and/or organizations. No events will be hosted by NHS if this option is chosen
• Assuming that people step up to fill the vacant Board positions, NHS operates on a limited Schedule of Events in 2017.
At this time, we are asking for you to state your intent if you wish for your name to appear on the 2017 NHS Board of Directors Ballot. Please do this by writing to Kari Boberek at email@example.com. Absentee ballots are allowed in accordance with the rules in the By-Laws. As a reminder, each NHS member will be able to cast one (1) vote. If you are a family of five (5), for example, that entitles you to five (5) votes within your household.
On behalf of your Board of Directors, thank you.